Subtitles in actual fact are ready to lend a hand to a person who’s hard-of-hearing or even for others when watching stuff in noisy surroundings. They also make it easier to understand the series or movie when a part of it is recorded in a different language. However, a good number of users have reported quite a common issue subject to subtitles on Disney + shows and movies. If you’re also one of them and facing troubles with subtitles on Disney Plus (Disney+), our quick fixes will help you out. No matter if they aren’t working properly for your favorite shows or movies; appear missing, or out-of-sync? This article is a must read for you.
So, put aside all the tension and anxiety and let’s dive in to learn about some quick fixes to resolve the Disney Plus subtitles not working issue.
How to enable Closed-Captions/Subtitles on Disney+?
The feature of closed-captioning in your device’s settings allows you to change the design of subtitles that can optimize your overall watching experience. You can enable it on your device using the steps mentioned below:
For Android Users
- Launch your Disney Plus app on your device
- Go to the Settings and select the Accessibility tab.
- Here, look for the Closed Captioning Preferences.
- Tap on the Enable button to turn on the feature.
For iOS Users
- Launch your Disney Plus app on your device
- Go to the Settings and tap on Accessibility.
- Here, select Listen option and then open Closed Caption & Captioning.
- To finish, enable Closed Captions + SDH.
That’s it. Having performed the above steps will help you get the subtitles working on your device now.
Subtitles Issues encountered by Disney Plus users
Viewers often have a difference of opinion regarding the subtitles or close captions. Some of the movie lovers and TV fanatics find them an easy aid since they be able to read-out lines and better understand stuff every time they watch. Conversely, other users simply just don’t like to be interrupted during the movie or TV shows with the subtitle distracting them to enjoy the comic or dramatic timing.
Having that said, here’s a list of some common and frequently encountered issues reported by Disney Plus users:
- The subtitles are not working properly.
- The subtitles are appearing out-of-sync
- The subtitles are either not showing or missing on parts.
- The subtitles carry a distracting design and bear an obtrusive black background.
- The subtitles are appearing in the wrong location or position.
Reasons behind Disney Plus subtitles not working
There could be a range of potential reasons causing you to encounter the Disney Plus subtitles not working error. But mostly, the above stated subtitle problems occurs as a result of some technical issue at the backend. On the other hand, from time to time, an obsolete version of Disney + app or presence of a few bugscan cause these issues as well. At times, the issues may arise due to corrupt app data or even because of subtitle settings.
In any case, whether you like subtitles or not, you must know how to fix the Disney Plus subtitles not working. So, whatever the reason is for occurrence of the aforementioned issues, let’s get right away to learn about the best solutions to fix the Disney Plus subtitles not working problem on different devices.
How to fix Disney Plus subtitles not working?
Here’s an easy guide covering the quick fixes to resolve the said issue.
Fix#1 Restart/reboot your device
Putting first thing first, you must try to fix the problem by using the basic troubleshoot. Many users have successfully resolved the issue by restarting/rebooting their device and you can also go the same way to fix the problem.
Therefore, just press the power button to turn off your streaming device, wait a while and then restart it back again. This might hopefully fix the problem at hand. If not, try other solutions mentioned here under.
Fix#2 Re-launch the application or refresh the page
As mentioned above, every so often the subtitle problems may occur due to errors and bugs on the application. Considering that into account, you must try to close the app and then re-open it or else if you are running the desktop version just refresh the page on your browser.
Notably, a simple re-launch of app or refresh of the page can fix a range of issues and bugs, thereby you be able to get the Disney Plus subtitles not working problem resolved.
Fix#3 Update your Disney Plus app
Since the problem may occur due to an older version of app, if you are using the Disney+ app to stream content on devices such as Android, iOS, Roku TV, Firestick and so on, just look for an update. If it is available for your app get it install on your device to see that subtitles issue is likely to be gone.
To check for availability of an update, Go to the Play Store or respective app store on your device and look for a new Disney+ update. If available, update the app on your device.
When it doesn’t fix the problem, you can try to uninstall the app and then get a fresh install.
Fix#4 Uninstall & re-install Disney Plus app
One of the easy ways to fix the subtitles issues is to uninstall the app and then reinstalling it back again on your device. Here’s how to do this:
- Firstly, uninstall the app and then restart your device.
- Now, go to the Play Store or respective app store and install the most recent version of the Disney Plus app on your device.
- When you are done with the installation process, launch the app and check if subtitles are working fine or not.
Fix#5 Clear Cache data
Sometimes you get the error with subtitles due to corrupt data and cache of your Disney Plus app or browser. In such cases you can fix the problem by clearing cache data using the steps mentioned below:
- Head to the Settings section on your device.
- Now, go to Applications and then Tap on Disney+
- Here, select the option to Force Stop and confirm it.
- Next, press back button and then tap on the Clear Cache option.
- Confirm it to clear the cache and check if the issue is fixed.
Fix#6 Change Subtitles settings
As subtitle settings might also be a potential reason behind Disney Plus subtitles not working properly. You can fix it by changing the subtitle setting. To do so you are required to follow these steps:
- Launch the Disney Plus app on your device
- Play your preferred movie or show TV.
- Now, go to the video controls and open the subtitles tab.
- Turn off the subtitles and return back to the stuff you are watching.
- Again, head back to the subtitles and then select your preferred language.
Note: Also you can try to change the subtitles styling by going to the Subtitles tab > click on Settings > change the subtitle design as per your likings or preference.
Once done, check if the problem is solved.
Fix#7 Try to stream some other content
It is also likely that certain Movies and TV shows on Disney Plus may have some unforeseen problems, thereby making the subtitles unplayable at times. If that is the case with the stuff you are watching at present, just try to stream some other content to check the actual problem; whether it is about a particular title or associated with the entire platform.
Fix#8 Contact the support team of Disney Plus
If none of the above mentioned fixes help you to resolve the issues related to subtitles, the final option left with you is to contact the Disney Plus Support Center. Let them know about the issue through emails or other feasible modes of contact and seek help on fixing the Disney Plus app subtitles not working problem.
That’s all we have to share with you to solve the Disney Plus subtitles not working issue. Hope this post to be of great help and let you deal with the issue with ease.