Twitch TV is surely a fantastic platform for gamers and quite popular among video game and sports lovers. It also comes with great offerings for non-gamers as well. Most important aspect about Twitch TV is its compatibility with a range of devices and across platforms. But if you don’t have an idea about how to get Twitch TV activated on your device, this guide will help you. All you should do is to follow the steps covered underneath in this article.
So, why wait any further, let’s read through the blog post to access exclusive content and other perks with Twitch TV activated on your device and get the most out of it.
About Twitch TV Activate
Twitch TV is an incredible online streaming service available for watching gameplay. The platform for the most part focuses on live streaming of video game. With Twitch TV users can stream their games while playing and also be able to communicate with respective audience via the chat box option.
The platform provides you an access to your Twitch account on multiple devices including Amazon TV, Apple TV, PlayStation, Xbox, Roku, Firestick, and others. All you have to do is to get Twitch TV activated on your device and kick start utilizing its service. But before getting started you need to have a Twitch account. Let’s see how you can create Twitch TV account.
How to create an account on Twitch TV?
If you don’t have an account on Twitch, you can create one to be a new user. Just follow the steps below to create your Twitch TV account:
- Open your preferred browser and navigate to https://www.twitch.tv/.
- Find the “Sign-Up” option provided at the upper right corner of the screen.
- Type in the necessary details in the respective fields such as username, password, email address, phone number, and date of birth.
- After you are done with it, hit the “Sign Up” button and you are ready to go with your Twitch account.
Alternatively, you can also sign in using your Facebook account, as it will fetch your Facebook information and let you create an account based on that. Twitch also allows you to create an account from mobile as well as on computer device. Let’s check out the steps to do so:
Creating Twitch TV Account on Mobile (both Android & iOS Devices):
If you wish to create a Twitch account from your mobile, you must undertake steps provided as under:
- Go to the respective app store of your phone (Google Play Store for Android and Apple App Store for iOS device) and search the Twitch app.
- Once you locate the app, get it downloaded and installed on your device.
- Open the app, click the Sign Up button and fill up the required details.
- After you finish the signup process, you will be sent a 6-digit Twitch activate code on your phone number or email.
- Just enter that code on your app and verify your Twitch account.
Kudos! Your Twitch account is ready and active.
Note: In case you don’t get the Twitch.tv/activate code, wait for 5 minutes and then tap on the “resend the code” option.
Creating Twitch TV Account on Computer/Laptop:
For creating a Twitch account on your PC or laptop, here are the steps to be followed:
- You can either use the Twitch app or the browser version for creating account on computer or laptop.
- If you choose the Twitch app, you need to get it download from twitch.TV/downloads, and then follow the same steps as mentioned above for creating Twitch account on a mobile phone.
- Alternatively, you can opt for the browser version, go to twitch.tv and complete the sign-up process.
Once you are done with the steps above, you have the Twitch TV account ready and now you can proceed to activate it on your desired device. However the activation processes slightly differs with the device you are using, here’s how you can activate it on various devices.
Activate Twitch TV via Twitch TV activate
You should know that you can easily Twitch Activate via twitch.tv/activate link on various devices by following the steps below.
- To start with, open the Twitch app on your mobile device.
- Login to your Twitch account by entering the valid credentials. (Note: If you don’t have a Twitch account, you must create one using the methods listed above).
- You will get to see a twitch tv activate code on the screen.
- Now open your browser and navigate to www twitch.tv/activate.
- Enter the twitch.tv/activate code to link your device with your Twitch account.
- Once you have entered the code, hit the “Activate” button to finish the process.
Activating Twitch TV on Amazon Firestick
Firestick by Amazon is a remarkable device and you can activate Twitch TV on Firestick to have an excelling viewing experience. Here’s what you need to do for activating Twitch TV on Firestick:
- To begin with, open Firestick and plug it into your TV.
- Next to that, download and install the Twitch app on your device.
- Once installed, open the app and then sign up.
- Open your web browser and navigate to twitch.tv/activate website.
- Enter the twitch code that appear when you log in to Twitch TV.
- Once you enter the code, you will gain the access to Twitch TV via Amazon Firestick
Activating Twitch TV on Apple TV
You can access Twitch TV using your Apple TV. This can be done by following these steps mentioned below.
- First of all, go to the Apple App Store on your Apple TV
- Look for the Twitch app to download and install it
- After that, launch the app on your Apple TV
- Just log in to your Twitch account using valid credentials and you are ready to go.
Activating Twitch TV on Google Chromecast
You can also activate Twitch TV on Google Chromecast. Below are the steps to be performed to get the job done.
- To start, connect your Google Chromecast device to your smart TV and ensure that both the devices are on the same network.
- Now, head to the Chromecast channels menu and search for the Twitch app.
- Once you locate the app, get it installed on your device.
- Open the Twitch TV app, you will get to see the twitch.tv activate code on the screen.
- Now open web browser on your device and go to twitch.tv.
- Here, log in to your Twitch account by entering valid credentials.
- Finally, open a new tab and navigate to twitch.tv/activate for activation purposes, enter the twitch activate code.
Activating Twitch TV on PlayStation
If you wish to stream Twitch on PlayStation, you can get Twitch TV activated on your console using the steps given below.
- To begin, download the Twitch app on your PlayStation console
- Open the app and click on Sign in option, and then type in your credentials to log in to your Twitch TV account.
- A twitch.tv activate code will appear on screen, copy it
- Open your browser and then go to twitch.tv/activate.
- Paste the copied code and click on the Activate button.
Note: Twitch TV is compatible with the latest versions of PlayStation and includes 3, 4, and 5; above steps work well for all versions of PlayStation to get Twitch TV activate on them.
Activating Twitch TV on Roku
To activate Twitch TV on Roku, follow the steps listed as under:
- Power on your Roku device and press the Home button from your remote.
- Now look for the Twitch TV, then locate the Add Channel option. Click it to add Twitch to your channel list.
- Open the Twitch app on your Roku device and sign in with valid credentials.
- A Roku Twitch activation code will appear on your screen. Copy it.
- Thereafter, go to www.twitch.tv/activate on your mobile or computer.
- Just paste the copied code and hit the Activate option.
Activating Twitch TV on Xbox
Similar to PlayStation, you can activate Twitch TV on Xbox console as well. To do so, here are the steps:
- To start with, open Microsoft Store on your console and download the Twitch app.
- Launch the app and log in to your Twitch account.
- On twitch tv activate page, you will see a unique twitch activate code. Copy it to continue.
- Navigate to www twitch tv activate on your browser.
- Paste the code here and now click on the Activate option.
That’s all you need to do to get Twitch TV activate and get going to stream Twitch TV on your preferred device.