Samsung is acknowledged as one of the pioneer manufacture of quality appliances, with Smart TVs being one of the most demanding products from their portfolio. Almost all Samsung Smart TV models runs on an operating system called Tizen. Although a lot of applications are available on this operating system, but if you are looking to access HBO on Samsung TV you have to go the other way around.
This blog article will let you know about how you can watch video titles from HBO go on your Samsung smart TV. So, let’s check it out here…
How to access HBO go on Samsung Smart TV?
Accessing and watching HBO go on Samsumg smart TV is a not that straight, however you can get the job done by using the methods given here in this article. Firstly you have to get HBO go application from the Smart Hub (App Store for a Samsung TV), and then connect HBO go with your Samsung Smart TV. Here’s a detailed stepwise process to install and use HBO on Samsung TV.
Install HBO go on Samsung Smart TV
Before get going, you must first ensure that your Samsung Smart TV has an operating system 2.4 or a later version. To get some more help you in this matter, you can refer HBO go support page to see a complete list of supported Samsung Smart TV models. Having confirmed about the compatibility of your Samsung TV, you must undertake following steps to install HBO on Samsung TV:
- Power on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Take the remote and locate the Smart Hub button on it.
- Press the button to open the Smart Hub Store on your TV.
- Next go to the search icon provided at the top of your screen.
- Once you click on it, the on-screen keyboard will appear. Here type in ‘HBO go’ and then click on the done button.
- Thereafter on the next screen, click the download button and wait until the application gets completely downloaded.
- Next to that click the open button to initiate the HBO go on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Lastly, sign in with your cable TV service provider and that’s it.
Well you are now entitled to see all the videos available on HBO go.
Alternative Ways to get HBO on Samsung TV:
Another method to watch HBO on Samsung TV is via live cast. Most of the Smart TVs come with a built-in live cast feature and Samsung Smart TV is not an exception. Nearly all models of Samsung Smart TV have this live cast feature and hence by using it you cast media files (including videos and pictures) from your smartphone on to your smart TV.
To your advantage, HBO go app also has a built-in cast feature to play the videos from the app directly on to your smart TV. Hence both (Samsung smart TV and HBO go app) supports live cast, you can easily watch HBO on Samsung TV via this feature. All you need to do is to follow the instructions mentioned underneath:
- Firstly, install the HBO go application on your smartphone. (you can do this by navigating to the respective app store, search for HBO go and then click on download)
- Next, connect your smartphone to the Wi-Fi network of your Samsung Smart TV.
- Launch the HBO go app on your smartphone and then tap on the cast icon located thereon.
- Look for the devices in range and select your Samsung Smart TV from the list of detected devices.
- Once the connection is successful, you can play and enjoy any video title from HBO on Samsung TV.
Apart from using the casting feature, you can also use quite a few external streaming devices like Amazon fire stick to install and watch HBO on Samsung TV. In addition to that you can also use third-party applications to download high-quality content on your mobile and subsequently cast it directly onto your Samsung Smart TV.
HBO go not working on Samsung Smart TV: Here’s a fix
Occasionally, you might get to experience certain issues as a result of which your HBO go application does not work on your Samsung Smart TV. In case HBO go stops or fails to work on your Samsung Smart TV, here’s what you can do to fix the issue:
- Make sure that your Samsung smart TV has a size 2.4 or higher operating system.
- Check the HBO support page to make sure that your smart TV model is present on the list of supported devices.
- Ensure you have strong internet signals on your Wi-Fi router connected with your Samsung Smart TV.
- Update the HBO go application on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Restart your Samsung Smart TV and re-connect it with HBO go application.
- If the above tactics didn’t work well, you can uninstall and reinstall the HBO go app.
- Beside that you can reset your Samsung Smart TV to factory settings and the start fresh by installing the HBO go app and then applying the methods above to watch videos from HBO on Samsung TV.
That’s all from our side. You have successfully learned about easy ways to access your HBO go videos on your Samsung Smart TV. Also you have understood the troubleshooting tactics to be applied if HBO app is not working on Samsung. Try these methods and fixes to watch HBO on Samsung with ease.
Accessing Samsung TV Service Menu without Remote: Feasible Ways
Resolving Unable to connect to Samsung Server Error: Easy Methods
How To Fix Amazon Video Not Working on Samsung TV error!