We are in the era of technology and the world of internet. You will find loads of smart technological tools and gadgets around you and in case you are not tech-savvy, you might find it difficult to use these tools and gadgets to their best. Most of the devices nowadays are internet enabled and comes with some inbuilt default browser. If you are an android user and have no idea whatsoever about how to set, change, or remove a default browser’s homepage; content://com.android.browser.home/ is what you must need to know about.
This blog article will tell you how to organize your android browser home index and much more using content://com.android.browser.home/. We will also let you know how to set the default home page for a browser. So with no further delay, let us move to the topic.
What is Content://com.android.browser.home/ home index?
Content://com.android.browser.home/ is nothing but a simple syntax or a common command line which helps you to change the default browser homepage to preferred customizations on your android device. With this syntax/command, you can also remove the default home page if you recognize an error made by you in customizing the browser and get back to your preferred settings.
Moreover in case where you install some other browser on your device (apart from the one that comes preinstalled with your phone), the browser will promptly access the link and ask your permission to become the default browser on your device. In such situation this syntax/command will also let you to configure the homepage of your android device.
But before customizing your web browser using content://com.android.browser.home/ you must ensure that your device has a default browser. Here’s how to set the browser as a default browser:
How to set a default browser?
You are required to perform steps mentioned below for setting any browser of your choice as your default browser.
- Open the Settings on your android device and then go to the App Management.
- Once you are on the App Management section, look for the Default App Settings.
- Here you will get to see the list of Default Apps on your device.
- Locate the default browser option and from here you can select the default browser.
- Just select the preferred browser as the default browser and you are done.
This way you will be able to set and change your default browser options. Now let’s have a look at how to change the default browser homepage using content://com.android.browser.home/.
How to change the Content://com.android.browser.home/ index?
It can be quite annoying when you have mistakenly granted permission but you don’t want that browser to be your default browser. But worry not; we are here to help you in this matter. The methods mentioned below will let you know how easily you can change the default browser homepage.
- First of all, open the Google browser.
- Next head to the menu button located at the top right corner of your screen.
- Open settings from the browser menu and search for the sub setting to access Android browser setting.
- There after click on the Homepage button.
- Now enter the URL of the page which you want to set as default. Or alternatively select the option of clearing the page.
- To start with, open the tab that you want to set as your default internet browser.
- Locate the 3 dots placed on the top right corner of your screen.
- Now go to the Settings and then tap on the Menu.
- From the Menu look for the Android browser settings option to access the General option
- Here on General, you will get to see an option of setting the Homepage.
- Just enter your preferred URL here and you are ready to go with the internet browser of your pick.
How to remove the default page using Content://com.android.browser.home
Removing the default browser homepage is quite simple. Here’s a step-by-step guide by which you can remove the default page using the content://com.android.browser.home/URL address:
- To begin with, open your default android browser
- Now tap on the three small dots located on the top right corner to head to the browser menu
- Here on the menu, select Settingsto access the default android browser settings
- From the dropdown, tap on General
- A URL tab will appear on the screen, just paste your preferred homepage settings or type it to replace or remove the default page.
- Finally, tap the ‘Save’ button to complete the process.
That’s all we have to share with you about the Content://com.android.browser.home/. You can use the methods mentioned above to change or remove the default browser home page on your android phone.
Hope you find this blog article useful. Thank you for reading and do visit our blog for similar tech related content.