A frozen Mac can be irritating; especially when you’re in the middle of something important. That is the most common thing with each and every device. Your Mac can freeze because of too many apps and background processes running on your Mac at the same time, or you have not sufficient space in your drive. I am sharing my personal experience of what to do when my Mac freezes in 2023.
What To Do When My Mac Freezes?
If your Mac is freezing then the best thing you can do is not panic, then follow some simple instructions to get up and running again. If this happens often, maybe it’s time to look at long-term solutions.
Clean your desktop
A cluttered desktop can seriously slow down your Mac, and can also cause many problems. That is because every icon on your desktop is an image, not just a link, and it’s redrawn each time you start your Mac.
To clean up your desktop, use the Spotless app.
- Simply drag your files onto the Spotless pop-up drawer in your menu bar.
- Instantly create a rule to organize them in their own folder or delete them.
- You can automate tidying up with Spotless rules so that all your new files at the end of the day or week get placed into their designated folders.
Uninstall or reset unresponsive apps
If you don’t know what you do when your Mac Freezes then the best thing you can do is not panic, then follow some simple instructions to get up and running again. If this happens often, maybe it’s time to look at long-term solutions. .
To uninstall apps with CleanMyMac X:
- Open CleanMyMac X.
- Click the Uninstaller tab
- Find the app in question
- Select the app and click Uninstall.
If you are using that app for work and can’t delete it then try resetting that app instead. To reset an app,
- Open CleanMyMac X.
- Click the Uninstaller tab.
- Find the app in question.
- Select Reset from the submenu.
- Resetting an app to default and cleaning up its cache can help solve the freezing.
Free up space
ed drive can be the reason why your Mac keeps freezing. Check the space in your drive by following these steps:
- Click the Apple icon.
- Select About this Mac
- Go to the Storage.
- If there are not too many GB left, time to clean up.
Deleting the extra and unwanted files from your Mac gives a polish to your system. To get rid of extra files is to use CleanMyMac X is the easiest way.
To clean your hard drive follow these steps:
- In CleanMyMac X, click Smart Scan.
- Select Scan from the next screen.
- Remove the junk that CleanMyMac X finds on your drive.
If you take a few moments to carefully clean up Large and Old files,
- Click Large & Old Files and click Scan.
- Find what you’d like to remove in there.
- Hit the Remove button.
If your Mac is still freezing then you can also try these:
- Force quit a frozen or unresponsive app
- Update iOS of the Mac.
- Update the unresponsive app.
- Try to scan for viruses.