Discord has quite a long range of integrations, including the likes of Twitch, YouTube, Spotify, and so on. These integrations facilitate users to display another platform on their Discord profile. While a few of these integration gel well with Discord other may not function as it should be intended to do so. Considering that fact in mind this blog post will respond to one of the most frequently raised query of Discord users; how to fix the issue of Spotify not showing on Discord.
Here we will address reasons behind failure of the Discord-Spotify Integration resulting in the situation where Spotify status wouldn’t show up on Discord. We will also tell you the feasible ways by which you can fix the issue of Spotify status not showing on Discord.
Reasons behind Spotify not showing on Discord:
When Spotify is correctly linked to Discord and you are using it to listen your preferred music or podcast, your Discord status will show the same i.e.; you are listening to Spotify. In such case if someone clicks on your profile, they will get to see what is being played by you currently, since it is shown as status on your Discord profile. However, a common issue raised by many Discord users is that the “Listening to Spotify” status is not showing on their Discord profile even if they have linked Spotify to Discord.
Here are a couple of reasons that might lead them to face such issue.
- First of all, it might be the case of changed Password. Say for instance the user has lately changed the passwordforSpotify. Thus if a user has changed Spotify password in recent time they must relink their Sotify to Discord to fix the issue and restore the status to function back again.
- Another reason giving away this problem is that the user might not have disabledthe “Display currently running game as a status message” option. As per the functionality of Discord if the “Display currently running game as a status message” option is enabled, then user might face difficulties in the Spotify status showing up.
Note: Moreover you must remember that the Spotify status will show up if you are using Spotify ondesktop. In case you are playing a song on the Spotify mobile app on your iOS or Android device, then it won’t show up on your Discord profile.
How can you get Spotify to show on Discord?
In order to get Spotify status displayed on Discord, you need to integrate your Spotify with Discordprofileusing the Connections Setting as per below mentioned instructions:
- Initially, you have to open Discord on your desktop and head to your profile tab provided on the left navigation bar.
- Now go to User Settings by clicking the gear icon.
- Once you are on the User Settings page, click on “Connections”, followed by click on the Spotify.
- To finish, log in to your Spotify account, and agree to the terms.
That’s all. It will now show as status on Discord, whenever you listen a song on Spotify.
Fixing Spotify not showing on Discord issue:
Below are the step-by-step methods which can help you to address and fix the Spotify status not showing on Discord issue:
Fix 1: Link Spotify to Discord
To start with fixing the Spotify not showing on Discord issue you need to check for Spotify-Discord integration and ensure that Spotify is linked to Discord via the connection settings.
If it is not properly linked, or if you have not integrated Spotify with Discord, here’s how you can get it link/integrated and get rid of Spotify not showing thing on Discord:
- Launch Discord on your desktop PC.
- Navigate to the left navigation bar and click your profile.
- Next go to User Settings by clicking on the gear icon.
- Then click on “Connections” to see Discord integrations.
- Find and select the Spotify icon under “Connect your accounts”.
- Soon after you clicked on the Spotify icon, it will route you on the Spotify login screen.
- Log in to your Spotify account, check for and agree to the terms
- Kudos. You have successfully linked Spotify to Discord.
Once this is done, go on to your Spotify and play a song. If you can now notice the “Listening to Spotify” status showing up on your Discord profile, you have successfully fixed the issue. If it is not the case and the status is still not showing on Discord, you can try hands on next methods to resolve the problem.
Fix 2: Unlink and Relink Spotify-Discord
Where you have previously linked Spotify to Discord and still the status is not showing; you must try to unlink and relink it via the Connections Setting. In most of the cases Discord users have managed to fix the issue by applying this method. Unlinking and Relinking Spotifyto Discord is by far most common and effective solution to fixthe issue.
The steps to be followed to unlink and relink Spotify from Discord are provided as under:
- Open Discord on your desktop.
- Go to your profile provided at the bottom of the left navigation bar.
- Now head to User Settings by clicking the gear icon.
- Next click on “Connections” to see Discord integrations.
- Go to the Spotify integration and unlink it from Discord by clicking on the “X” icon provided next to it.
- Locate the Spotify icon under “Connect your accounts” and click it.
- Once you clicked it, you will be redirected on the login screen for Spotify.
- Log in to your Spotify account with valid credentials and agree to the terms.
- That is it. Your Spotify is now re-linked to Discord.
Go on Spotify and play a song. Get back to Discord and check for the status on your profile. If the “Listening to Spotify” status is showing then the method has worked, and problem is fixed. If not you can try your luck with the final method mentioned below.
Fix 3: Disable “Display currently running game as a status message”
The last method to get the Spotify status to show on Discord is to disable the “Display currently running game as a status message” setting. If nothing goes well by far, so you can try disabling the “Display currently running game as a status message”. This can be done via the Game Activity Settings by performing the steps as follows:
- Open Discord on your desktop.
- Go to your profile on the left navigation bar at the bottom.
- Click on the gear icon to go to your User Settings.
- Then click on “Game Activity” underneath “Gaming Settings”.
- Here you will see the “Display currently running game as a status message” setting.
- Finally to disable it, turn off the switchprovided next to it.
Once disabled the setting, try playing a song on Spotify and check your Discord profile for the “Listening to Spotify” status.
By this we conclude the methods which can help you fix the Spotify not showing on Discord. These methods have worked well for many Discord users to fix the integration issue; you might be the next lucky one.