Did you just sent a snap to someone and the status is pending? Well, now a few questions will arrive in your mind like, what does it mean when something is pending on snapchat? why does it say pending on snapchat but still friends? To help you with this issue, here’s an article to let you understand what does ‘Pending’ means on Snapchat, why are you getting this error and how to resolve it.
What does it mean when something is ‘Pending’ on snapchat?
A Snapchat pending message is quite a common status or error notification that users get to see on their phones when they have send some snap to a fellow snapper. In general, it can be seen under a friend’s name in the Chat tab, below the name of the person on their profile, and inside a DM or conversation.
Snapchat show the ‘Pending’ message when you send a message and the same was not delivered. Usually, you will get to see the ‘Pending’ for snaps send to those who are not on your friends list.
In most of the instances, ‘Pending’ on Snapchat implies that the person has not accepted your request or unadded you. Putting it in other words, ‘Pending’ alert against the sent snap means that the person is not a friend to you on Snapchat or perhaps they might have blocked you.
However there could be a wide range of factors causing this error message to appear. Let’s dive into understand the reasons behind the occurrence of Pending on Snapchat within the iPhone and Android Snapchat apps.
Why it shows “Pending” on Snapchat?
So, let’s now try to get down the reasons behind this error and learn about as to why does it shows ‘Pending’ on Snapchat?
Well, the ‘Pending’ means that Snapchat has not been able to send your snap to the other person. Prima-facie the error message is more or less caused by any one of the following reason:
- The person hasn’t added you as a friend. The first reason could be that the Snapchat users might not have accepted your friend request. As the person must be a friend to you before you can actually send a message to them, thus if you have not been included on the friends list of that person, you will get to see ‘Pending’ error.
- The person has un-friended you. Another probable reason for this error alert is the fact that the person with whom you were friends earlier may have recently removed you from their friends list.
- The person has blocked you. Lastly, it could be because of the person blocking you. Though Snapchat doesn’t notify you when someone blocks you, as they will be completely hidden from you; any snap send to them by you will thereafter shows up as ‘Pending’.
Unlike a generic error message (in case of three possibilities as mentioned above), if you are getting the ‘Pending’ on Snapchat for those users who are friends with you on Snapchat then this could be because of following reasons:
- It may be likely that you have sent a large file hence it will show up Pending until the file is uploaded completely.
- It may be due to slow internet connectivity on respective cellular or Wi-Fi network.
- It may be a random Snapchat app glitch, be it a bug or some other technical issue or an internal error.
- It may be because of a restricted Snapchat account. In case you have violated Snapchat policy, then functionality on your Snapchat may be restricted.
- It may also bepossible that Snapchat servers might be temporarily down.
Note: The list is not inclusive of all the factors as there could be some other reasons as well.
So having understood the most potential reasons behind the occurrence of ‘Pending’ on Snapchat, let’s get to the solutions to fix this error and see that your snap gets delivered to the recipient end.
How to Fix a Snapchat Pending Message Error?
Whenever you encounter with ‘Pending’ message error on Snapchat, you can address the issue in following ways:
Method#1 Restart your device.
As the basic troubleshooting, you should try to restart your device(s) (PC, laptop or mobile phone and if you are using WiFi then also router/modem). Restarting the devices may help you get rid of a few technical glitches if that is resulting into Pending message error.
Method#2 Contact the person via another messaging app.
If the error message is a generic one and it appears due to the fact that the person is not friend to you on Snapchat, then in such a situation you can either wait for the person to approve your Snapchat friend request, for else you can try to contact them on other platforms like WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and so on.
Method#3 Verify the root cause by sending a snap or message to another friend.
To verify if it’s the problem at the receiver’s end or is due to some other issue, you can simply send a snap or message to another Snapchat friend. This way you can easily check for the actual cause behind the problem, whether it is tech-related or has to do with the person whom you suspect to have unfriended or blocked you.
Method#4 Update your Snapchat
Once of the workaround to resolve this issue is to update your Snapchat app. If you are getting the ‘Pending’ because of a bug on the app or other technical glitch with it then updating the Snapchat app may likely help you to get rid of this problem.
Method#5 Check for Internet network and connectivity.
Since the problem may be because of network issue, you must ensure that your device is getting a strong signal and the connected Wi-Fi is working well enough. If that is not the case then you must approach your ISP to resolve the network issue.
Method#6 Check if Snapchat’s down.
Though there is the least possibility of it, still you must check for if the Snapchat servers are done by visiting to the official site or other feasible methods to verify the same.
That’s all. You have successfully learned about what Pending means on Snapchat, what triggers this message error and what all you can try to get over this problem.
Hope this helps you answering what does it mean when something is pending on snapchat.
Pending doesn’t mean that you’re blocked on snapchat. It means you’re not a friend with the recipient or maybe your internet connection is weak.
Its easy! when you send them a snap, it will show in pending and you can also search for the name of person in My friends tab under Friends section. If you don’t see their name, you have been unfriended.