Facebook is available in a variety of languages, and it’s no surprise, as such mass appeal is of the platform worldwide. Infact, there’s also a very unique and not so known language that you can run Facebook in. Well, if you are a programmer, then you would have probably guessed by now, that we are talking about Leet Speak. Anyways, having so many languages to choose from, may land you up on Facebook running on a foreign language, in our case Spanish. Surprisingly, this isn’t something to worry about much as we will know why is my Facebook in Spanish.
Why is my Facebook in Spanish?
Before we head on to learn to change language on Facebook, let’s understand, why and how Facebook changed to Spanish.
- The first and foremost reason is by mistake! The settings change menu is right on the homepage, and the chances of one by mistakenly clicking on some other language is quite high. I mean, I myself have many times while scrolling ended up clicking on some different language, resulting in the change of Facebook page language.
- Somebody whom you know or are mutual to, may have pulled up this prank on you. Pranks are of all types and changing up the social media platform language just to irritate you a little sounds something which is pretty much possible and has high chances of taking place.
- Though there are quite fewer chances of this, your account could have been hacked. If you feel that your account has been compromised, then immediately change up your language and after that, reset your password and enable the necessary security changes.
- There could also be some glitch or issue from Facebook’s end. Generally, whenever there is an issue across different regions, very rarely, there’s different language error. In most of the cases, the service stops functioning or some features don’t behave as they are supposed to. All in all, there are fewer chances of this happening up, but after all, at the end of the day, Facebook is a system, so you never know, it could even be an issue from their end. A quick Google search can reveal whether or not it’s a server issue.
How To Change Language on Facebook (Spanish To English)
It’s pretty easy and straight forward to change language on Facebook until you don’t get stuck up in Spanish options. Jokes aside, the truth is that change from Spanish to English on Facebook isn’t that hard, all you got to do is just follow the below steps:
IN CASE YOU ARE NOT LOGGED IN
- Visit the official Facebook website
- Have a look over the bottom part of the page and you should come across a variety of languages.
- Choose the English language, and if by chance, English isn’t available in the options, then at the very end, click on the (+) sign to access the remaining languages.
IN CASE YOU ARE LOGGED IN
- Fully load up your Facebook News Feed page.
- Once you are on the News Feed, then view the right side of your screen. This is the area where mostly the ads are up for display. You have to ignore the ads and scroll below until you land up on a box of languages. Select the desired language, and in case it isn’t listed there, then hit on the (+) sign.
That’s it! We hope that we were able to teach you everything essential about why is my Facebook in Spanish. If you would have followed the above steps carefully, then Facebook Spanish to English change would have definitely took place. We know that the article was quite short and quick to read, but to be honest with you, there was nothing much to say about the “everything on my Facebook in Spanish” issue.
The change of language on Facebook isn’t something much to discuss about. It’s a very simple issue that can be solved up with just a few steps, as you would have already seen. If you still have some doubts on why is my Facebook in Spanish, then hit us up in the comments below.