If you are wondering why your iPhone screen randomly dims without doing anything? Your iPhone just gets dim again and again, Even after you turn your screen brightness up. But, don’t be worried because we have found the answer of your question “why does my iPhone screen keep dimming”. So read this article till the end and we will explain why your iPhone screen keeps dimming? And how can you fix it?
Reason behind why does my the iPhone screen keep dimming!
If you are using your iPhone and randomly your iPhone screen dims, the reason behind that is Auto-Brightness. Auto-Brightness is one of the settings which is programmed to take note of the light reflection off of the iPhone’s screen and calculated to adjust the brightness of the device. The Auto-Brightness is supposed to work like when it’s dark, auto brightness will make your iPhone display darker so your eyes are not blinded by what you are looking at on the screen. On the days when it is particularly bright outside, the auto-brightness will usually make your iPhone display as bright as possible so you can actually see what is happening on the screen even in the sun-rays.
How to stop iPhone screen dimming?
You can try the below mentioned tips to fix iPhone screen dimming issue.
Auto-brightness is a feather that adjusts the screen of an iPhone even when you don’t want it to. If you want to stop this, you have to do little changes in your iPhone’s settings. To access to setting manually:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- On the next screen go to the General.
- Then, select Accessibility.
- Scroll down and Toggle off the Auto-Brightness option by flipping the switch beside it.
You can turn off Auto Brightness with shortcut too:
- Open your phone search.
- Type Auto-brightness and tap on the search icon.
- Just turn off the Auto-Brightness by toggle it off.
Disable Night Shift
If your iPhone Night shift option is on, it could be the reason why does your iPhone keep dimming? Night shift is a feature that makes your iPhone display warmer, which can make your iPhone asleep easier at night.
To disable the night shift feature on your iPhone follow these steps:
- On your iPhone, go to the Settings.
- On the next screen go to the Display & Brightness.
- Tap on the Night Shift.
- If the Night Shift is Manually Enable Until Tomorrow is turned on, night shift will be on.
- Turn off the switch next to the Manually Enable Until Tomorrow.
The iPhone automatically turns off its screen and locks itself to save the battery. It also dims the screen to let you know that the iPhone is about to turn off. You can extend the time according to you that your iPhone takes to lock. For that you have to follow the steps given below:
- Open the Settings app .
- Select the Display & Brightness.
- On the next screen, tap on Auto-Lock.
- Then , select the new Auto-Lock time period.
- You can also choose the Never option that will not lock your iPhone on its own.
That’s it! The dimming screen isn’t something to be worried about, but we can try the above steps and get rid of it.
In bright sunlight, your iPhone may automatically increase screen brightness to make it more readable. This is a feature designed to improve visibility in different lighting conditions.
Yes, screen dimming, especially when combined with other battery-saving features like Low Power Mode, can help conserve battery life on your iPhone.
- How to change default browser on iPhone? Here’s a complete guide
- Audible Keeps Pausing When Screen Locks on iPhone
- Why Does My iPhone Battery Die So Fast?