When you enter the wrong security passcode too many times and this is a time when you can no longer enter or try any more passcodes to unlock your phone, an iPhone gets disabled. When your device gets disable you would get worried about your personal data and files. You can’t access your personal data, files and folders. But here we are with the solution to your problem. This is not a terminal problem and that can be easily fixed. Resetting a disabled iPhone will definitely mean that you will have to erase all the data on the phone. It wouldn’t be much of an issue if you have created a backup beforehand. There are two major ways to reset a disabled iPhone. So, stop worrying and asking yourself What to Do When my iPhone is Disabled and follow any of the methods given below:
Reset a Disabled iPhone With The Help of iTunes
iTunes has a lot of complications and is very slow to use. If you want to use iTunes to reset your disable iPhone then, you will have to first disable Find My iPhone feature and then only you can proceed. Secondly, it can come up with unexpected connection errors, if you haven’t synced your iPhone to iTunes before. Here are some steps which help you to reset your disable iPhone:
- Connect another device or a Mac/laptop with the lightning cable .
- Enter the recovery mode. if you have iPhone 8 or later
- Press and hold the Side button and one of the volume buttons and wait for the power off slider to appear.
- Drag the slide to turn off your iPhone.
- Hold the side button on your iPhone as you plug your iPhone into the Mac using your cable. Keep holding the side button until the recovery screen appears.
- if you have iPhone 7 generation (iPhone 7, iPhone 7 plus)
- Press and hold the Side (or Top) button and wait for the power off slider to appear.
- Turn off your iPhone.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer while pressing the Volume down button until you seen the recovery mode screen.
- iPhone 6s and earlier
- Follow the steps above: Press and hold the Side (or Top) button until the power off slider appears.
- Drag the slider to turn off your iPhone.
- This time connect your device to your computer while pressing the Home button.
- Keep pressing the Home button until you see the recovery mode screen.
- Locate your iPhone via your Mac/PC.
- Choose the option to Restore.
- Set up your iPhone.
Restore Disabled iPhone with the Help of iCloud
If you want to reset the disable iPhone your iPhone you should have enabled Find My iPhone on iCloud. In case you don’t know about the feature and you did not enable Find My iPhone feature on your iPhone you are not able to reset your iPhone with iCloud. Some new users are unaware about this rule so that is a major restriction for them. If you know about it and have enabled Find My iPhone, then follow the instructions given below to restore disabled iPhone.
- Take another device or a Mac/laptop and open your browser.
- Navigate to icloud.com/#find.
- Sign in using your iCloud Apple ID details.
- Click All Devices and select the device which you want to reset and click on Erase iPhone.