It’s a fact that One who has come into this world has to go one day. If you are wondering what happens to your Instagram when you die then. At that time someone from your family can request to Instagram that the person is not any more and memorialize the account. One can also request that the account be removed from Instagram. Seeing your previous post can be upsetting to your friends and family. The app will memorialize the account of a deceased person when they receive a valid request. It also takes measures to protect the privacy of the deceased person by securing the account.
What Happens To Your Instagram When You Die
When you die someone from your family can request Instagram to remove your account or also can request to make your account memorialized.
For Removing the account
For removing the account of the person someone needs to request. To request that an account be removed, you have to go to the Instagram Help center. When one submit a request for removal, Instagram require proof that they are an immediate family member of the deceased person, such as:
- The deceased person’s birth certificate.
- The deceased person’s death certificate.
- Proof of authority under local law that you are the lawful representative of the deceased person, or his/her estate.
For Memorialized accounts
Memorialized accounts on Instagram have the following key features:
- No one can log into a memorialized account.
- The word Remembering will be shown next to the person’s name on their profile.
- Posts the deceased person shared, including photos and videos, stay on Instagram and are visible to the audience they were shared with.
- Memorialized accounts don’t appear in certain places on Instagram.
To report an account to be memorialized, Instagram require proof of death, such as a link to an obituary or news article.
How To Check When You Made Your Instagram Account?
Here’s How to Identify & Restrict Instagram Stalkers
Here’s How To Hide Number Of Likes On Instagram