Second Space feature on Xiaomi smartphones allows creating a separate space on your smartphone to keep anything like personal photos, files, apps, other multimedia etc.
Xiaomi introduced the ‘Second Space’ feature with its MIUI 10 update and a couple of years later, the feature is back with MIUI 10 Stable ROM which has been rolled out to the gadgets of Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro, Redmi Note 4, Redmi Y2, Redmi 6, Redmi 6A, Mi Mix 2S, and more.
For the unknown, the Second Space feature on Xiaomi smartphones makes users capable to have a second profile on the same phone for a secondary Business/Personal/Kids account without giving other access to Play Store and unwanted apps while also keeping all your personal files away from prying eyes.
The Second Space feature on Xiaomi smartphones is also known as Dual device mode and if you are confused with the Dual Apps option then it should be noted that while the dual apps options allows you to duplicate WhatsApp, Messenger, and other such apps, the second space allows you to create a separate space on your smartphones for multimedia storage and other files.
Here’s how to use the Second Space feature.
- Go to Settings>System & Device and then tap on Second Space option.
- A Second Space account will be set up automatically. Now, tap on the “Set” option.
- Now, you need to select “Set Second Space Password” option.
- Once the password has been set, tap on the “Next” button.
- You will be prompted to import photos, files or videos from First Space to your Second Space. Tap on on the Next button if you want to skip.
- Now you will be asked to import apps from First Space to your Second Space on your Xiaomi smartphone.
- Once done, select the “OK” button and your ‘Second Space’ is ready to be used.
Once the Second Space has been set up on your Xiaomi smartphone, it can be accessed from the app drawer and notification panel with the help of a password or fingerprint.
5 Factors why you should wait for Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro
Top 5 Best Earphones Under Rs. 1500 India