Snapchat is a distinct messaging app which tenders an emotive experience for teens and youth. The platform is well-liked for of sharing memoirs with loved ones. In a similar way like other social media users, you can just click and connect with people in and around your circle to be their Snapchat friends. Even if Snapchat keep its users informed and engaged with timely alerts on an assortment of activities, but is there any way to know someone unfriended you on Snapchat?
Well don’t bother yourself much as this article will make you understand on how to figure out if someone has unfriend/unadded you on Snapchat.
How to Unfriend Someone on Snapchat?
There may be numerous annoying reasons that compel Snappers to unfriend a fellow user. To unfriend someone on Snapchat, you can perform the underlying steps:
- Open the Snapchat on your phone.
- Go to the search bar and enter the username of the person you want to unfriend.
- Now tap and hold on the name of person you want to unfriend. A list will open, tap on more and select “Remove Friend”.
- Find Remove Friend option and tap it to unfriend that user.
Does Snapchat send Unfriend Notifications?
You will definitely going to receive a notification from Snapchat whenever someone adds you as a friend, but unluckily you won’t get alerts for any other friend activity. As most of the social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram notifies you when someone blocks or unfriend you, Snapchat give no signs whatsoever if someone deletes you from their friends list or blocks you on Snapchat.
Though it doesn’t come in a straightforward way, still there are many methods via which you can discover whether someone has unfriended you on Spanchat or not. Continue reading to know about these methods more precisely.
Knowing if Someone Unfriended you on Snapchat:
Snapchat has some sundry features that gauge users’ interest and keep track of interactions between you and your Snapchat friends. However to know if someone unfriended you on Snapchat is not that simple and straight, and you must try one or more of the methods listed under to confirm that you are unfriended by fellow user on Snapchat.
Method 1 – Verify From Your Followers List
The easiest way to verify that you have been unadded by a person is to check your followers list. If a user has unfriended you on Snapchat then that person will no longer be visible on your Friends list. So as to check for this you are required to carry out following steps:
- Log in to Snapchat App.
- Go to the Profile icon placed at the top left of your screen.
- Move to Friends section and locate My Friends.
- Now type the name of the user and make a search. If the search results do not display the said profile, then it is obvious that the person has unfriended you on Snapchat.
Note: While searching for a person in your friend’s list you only manages to see an “Added” option next to their name, it clearly means that the person has unfriended you.
Method 2 – Make Sure To View Snapchat Score
A Snapchat score is an aggregate of total no. of snaps send and received. In case someone has unfriended you on Snapchat, then this score will not be shown on screen when you visit their profile. Perform a step by step check to know Snapchat score of a person:
- Launch the Snapchat Application.
- Now search for the user’s profile in the Search bar.
- Visit the profile page of the person to check for the Snapchat score.
- If not unfriended, the Snapchat score will come into sight below the user’s profile. If it doesn’t appear; you are for sure deleted from their friends list.
Method 3 – Test Out Story Views
Another method that proves to be handy in knowing if someone unadded you on Snapchat is by keeping a track of the views on your story. As a matter of fact you your stories will not be visible to someone who was formerly a friend with you but unfriended you at present.
For instance when you post a story on Snapchat it will be visible to the persons you follow and who followed you back. If you keep an eye on a particular person only to discover that he hasn’t seen your stories for long there’s all possibility that you are removed.
Method 4 – Check The Chat Window
This method is simplest and most accurate one. You can’t get more surety by applying any other method. In order to look over the chat window one need to take steps provided as under:
- Open your Snapchat Account.
- Head to the chat icon given at the bottom of the Homepage.
- If you have a particular chat with the said person open it in the chat window. Or else look for the same by entering person’s name in the search bar.
- As you lands on the chat window and get to read an alert, “YOUR CHAT WILL BE PENDING UNTIL XYZ ADDS YOU AS A FRIEND”, this signifies that the person who was earlier a friend with you has now unfriended you.
To Sum Up:
Though Snapchat has no single feature to inform users that someone has removed them, we have tried to cover some feasible alternatives which can tell if someone unfriended you on Snapchat. Hope the methods covered in the article acts as a guiding tool for you, if wondering to know any person has unadded you from his Snapchat friends list.