Netflix is an subscription based streaming service where you can watch videos, movies, shows, series. Netflix is used all over the world But with Netflix cracking down on account sharing and the recent price hike causing users to cancel Netflix subscriptions, people have started to look for alternatives to share their binge-watching experience with remote family members and close friends. One of these alternatives includes using Discord to host a Netflix watch party session via Discord’s screen sharing feature. Discord is an app in which you can voice, video, and chat text chat. Discord is an app that’s used by tens of millions of people to talk and hang out with their communities and friends. If you want to screen share your Netflix on the Discord app, Here we are to tell you how to screen share Netflix on Discord.
How to screen share Netflix on Discord
The Discord mobile app has no way to screen share Netflix. If you still want to screen share a movie or series over the Discord you have to load up the desktop app or the web browser version to screen share on mobile. Here are some instructions that you have to follow when you want to do it:
- Launch the desktop Discord app or access Discord in the web browser, and log in to your account.
- Enter a voice channel on a server.
- Open a new tab and visit the Netflix home page to sign into your account.
- Click on the Screen button to begin sharing your screen.
- Navigate to your tabs (if on Google Chrome, select Chrome Tab); ensure the Share tab audio is checked.
- Select Netflix from your list of tabs, then click on Share.
- Successfully sharing your screen is shown by “Live” next to your user name, and you can preview a thumbnail of what’s displayed on your screen share.
- Once you’re done with hosting a Netflix watch party, click on the screen icon embedded with an “X” to stop streaming..