Gmail is a secure, smart, and easy to use email service provided by Google for free. Not only that with Gmail you can get a lot more done. It allows you to integrate all sort of services in one place, including Google Chat, Google Meet, and much more. Usually, you can accesses Gmail from a web browser or via the official mobile app. Though it comes with hell lot of features and benefits, but what if you want to delete your Gmail for a certain and specific reason?
Well there’s nothing to worry or wonder about how to delete your Gmail account, as you can delete it at any time. This blog article will guide you to get the job done with just a few clicks. But before you have a go at this, you must make it very clear that once deleted you may not be able to revoke the process and recover your account. So, if you have made your mind and want Gmail no more, here’s how to delete your Gmail Account.
Deleting Your Gmail Account:
Deleting your Gmail service will result in deletion of all your emails and removal of mail settings. You cannot be able to use your Gmail address for sending or receiving email. In addition to that, your Gmail address can’t even be used by any person in the future.
However, the good thing is that deleting your Gmail account won’t delete your entire Google Account and you can still be able to access and use other services offered by Google and have your activity and purchases made on Google Play intact.
Having that said, if you are pretty sure that you don’t want your Gmail address and emails to any further extent, you can remove them from your Google Account using Android, iOS or Computer device. Here’s a step-by-step process to be followed for deleting your Gmail on different devices.
How to delete your Gmail account on Android devices
Before starting with the process of deleting your Gmail service, you must ensure to download your data. Once done with that, perform these steps using your Android phone or tablet:
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Head to Google and then tap on Manage your Google Account.
- Here, tap on the Data & privacy option.
- Then scroll down until you find “Data from apps and services you use.”
- Now, tap on Delete a Google service provided under “Download or delete your data”. (Note: It might ask you to sign in, if so just sign in to the account and proceed.)
- Next to “Gmail,” tap Delete.
- Finally enter an existing email address you want to sign in with and then tap on Send verification email. (Note: this email can’t be a Gmail address you wish to delete.)
- To verify it you get an email at the existing email address. Unless you verify the new email address, your Gmail address won’t be deleted.
Note: If you are using the Gmail Offline app, you will also be required to clear your browser’s cache and cookies.
How to delete your Gmail account using iOS devices (iPhone or iPad)
Before you go on to delete your Gmail service, download your data and then follow the steps mentioned below.
- Launch the Gmail app on your iOS device (either iPhone or iPad).
- Then tap on your profile picture or initial located at the top right corner and then head to Manage your Google Account. In case you don’t use Gmail, go to myaccount.google.com.
- Here, locate the Data & privacy option at the top of your screen and tap it.
- Scroll down to find “Data from apps and services you use.”
- Underneath the “Download or delete your data” option, tap on Delete a Google service. You may have to sign in.
- Once done, tap Delete provided next to “Gmail.”
- Now, enter an existing email address you want to sign in with and then tap on Send verification email. (Note: this email can’t be a Gmail address.)
- To verify the email address, you will get an email at the existing email address. Verify it to get your Gmail address deleted.
Note: If you are using the Gmail Offline app for this process, make sure to clear your browser’s cache and cookies as well.
How to delete Gmail on your Desktop PC
- To start with deleting your Gmail service, you must first download your data as you won’t be able to recover any once the Gmail account is removed.
- Head to your Google Account.
- Once you landed on it, click Data & privacy option from the left.
- Scroll to locate “Data from apps and services you use.”
- Then under the “Download or delete your data” option, click on Delete a Google service. You possibly will require to sign in.
- Click on Delete provided next to “Gmail”.
- Enter an existing email address (other than Gmail) you want to sign in with to Send verification email.
- Finally verify your existing email address. Until you do that your Gmail address won’t be deleted.
Note: Don’t forget to clear your browser’s cache and cookies if you use the Gmail Offline app for performing this process.
That’s it. These are the steps with which you can remove your Gmail address. Hope you get your query answered and understand thoroughly about how to delete your Gmail account.