If you have forgotten your Instagram password and looking for the ways as to reset your Instagram password? You are luckily on the right place. Knowing the steps to change or reset Instagram password is always a key element of practicing sound security mechanism for your account on the social media platform. Having that said, if you can’t remember password for your Instagram account, there’s nothing to get panic or worry about since Instagram allows you to reset your password in quite a simple and straight way. This blog article will guide you on that and let you learn how to reset Instagram password.
So without any ado, let’s dive into the topic to find answer for how to reset Instagram and other FAQs in this matter.
How to reset Instagram password?
If you can’t log in to your Instagram due to the reason that you don’t remember the password for your account, resetting your password is the only way out. To perform the all essential process of resetting Instagram password, you can opt for any one of the below listed alternatives:
- Using your username or email
- Getting a message on your phone number
- Via your Facebook account
Here’s a step-by-step guide to reset your Instagram password using your email address, phone number or Facebook account. Just follow the instructions mentioned herein to get the job done.
What if you have forgotten your Instagram password?
If you forgot your password or can’t remember it, you can simply reset the password using your email address, phone number or Facebook account. Here’s how you can do so.
Resetting your password using your email address, phone number or Facebook account
In order to reset your password, you have to launch the Instagram mobile app on either your Android or iOS device. Once you open the app, you are required to follow steps provided as under:
Steps to be followed by Android users:
- Once you are on the login screen, tap the option called ‘Get help logging in’ located underneath Log in.
- Here, Enter your username, email address or phone number, or else you can tap Log in with Facebook.
- Finally tap on the Next button and then follow the on-screen instructions to reset your password.
Steps to be followed by iPhone users:
- Once you are on the login screen, tap the option called ‘Forgotten password’ placed on top of Log in.
- Now tap on either Username or Phone number.
- Thereafter, enter your email address, username or phone number, tap on the Next button and then follow the on-screen instructions.
Note: If the above steps don’t work and you are still unable to reset your password, contact Instagram for additional help.
What if you receive a password reset email but still can’t log in to your Instagram account?
The password reset emailenables you to access your account. You are thereby provided withthe choice to either log in immediately from your email address, or else first change the password ahead of logging in.
If you have submitted request for password reset email to regain access to your account, but if it isn’t working, you can opt for following measures:
- Request for a new password reset email, as the previous email might have been expired.
- Ensure that you opt to reset your password instead of choosing to log in via Reset your Instagram password in the email.
However, if you are not receiving password reset email, just refer the section below to learn more about what you can do about it.
What if you don’t receive a password reset email for your Instagram account?
In case where you are not getting the password reset email, it’s likely that the email has landed elsewhere, say in spam. There may also be a possibility that you have mistyped the email address at the time of signing up for Instagram. However, you can try following things to find your password reset email:
- Check for the email in the spam folder on your email account.
- Reset your Instagram password through Facebook verification (in case you have beforehand linked your Instagram and Facebook accounts.)
- Be in touch with your email service provider and ensure to receive emails from the @instagram.com.
Note: If you mistyped email address at the time of signing up for your account, unfortunately you won’t be able to get access to that account.
What if you are getting a password reset email for the wrong Instagram account?
In case, you’re receiving a password reset email for the wrong account, then there is a quire a fair chance of your account being registered with a different email address. Therefore, to regain access of the correct account, you can try some other email addresses which you use often.
Another alternative for regaining access to your account could be using your Facebook account. If you have inked your Instagram and Facebook accounts at any time in past, you can reset your Instagram password by tapping on Reset using Facebook.
What if you want to change your Instagram password?
When you are logged out of your Instagram account and can’t remember the password, you can request to reset it from the login screen. But when you know your current password, and want to change it, you can get it done from your Settings using the steps below:
- Go to your profile by tapping on your profile picture located at the bottom right.
- Then tap on three horizontal lines placed on the top right corner.
- Now tap on the gear icon to enter Settings.
- Thereafter tap Security followed by Password.
- Here enter your current password and then enter your new password (twice).
- Finally, tap on the Save button or blue tick mark placed at the top right.
Password Tip: In order to create a strong password, you must use a combination of at least six numbers, letters and special characters (punctuation marks like #, @, % etc.).
That’s it. You have just learned successfully about how to reset Instagram password as well as to change your current password on Instagram.
Hope we have answered most of your queries in this regard. Thanks for reading our blog, for more tech tips and articles keep visiting us.
How You Can Change Language On Instagram? Learn Here…
How To Change Email ID On Instagram: Here’s An Easy Guide