There are many web browsers available, which people can use to browse the internet. One of them is Firefox Focus browser, which comes with a lot of security features. People can surf the internet and they do not need to worry about trackers. It can be said that people can surf the internet with more privacy. Firefox Focus for PC has been developed for those devices that support the following operating systems.
In this article, we will talk about the installation of the software on Windows 7, Windows 10, and Fire Focus for Mac and its features.
How to download and install Firefox Focus For PC
Firefox Focus Desktop has not been developed yet but people can download it and install it with the help of emulators.
There are many emulators and the one, which we will use, is the Bluestaks. To Firefox Focus download for Windows, people need to take the following steps.
- Download Bluestaks set up a file on the PC and install the emulator.
- After the completion of the download, install the emulator.
- Launch the emulator and users will see the default screen.
- Type Firefox Focus in the search box available at the right corner on top.
- A popup window will be displayed on which people can find the install button. Click the install button and the software will be installed on the emulator.
People need to follow the same steps to install Firefox Focus for Mac.
Features of Firefox Focus
The application comes with many features, which are as follows.
Privacy: People can use this feature to block those agents who have the capability of tracking the browsing history of a user. People get reminders for deleting history.
Open-source software: The application is available for free as it is open-source software. People will always have the option to customize the software as per their requirements. They can also download the code and make changes to get more security.
Removal of tracking elements: Tracking elements can be easily removed from the browser. This will help in sending files at a fast speed.
Support of HTML 5: The browser supports HTML 5, which is the latest version of HTML. People can play videos on the browser with the help of an HTML 5 video player.
Simple interface: The interface of the Firefox Focus pc is very simple and people can use the browser easily to browse the internet.
Using various features
Now we will see the steps of using some of the features of Firefox Focus for PC.
Customizing tracking protection
Here are the steps for customizing trickling protection.
- Open the application.
- Go to Settings by tapping the vertical ellipsis menu.
- Go to Privacy & Security.
- Users will find tracking options and they can click those which they want to enable.
People should delete history frequently so that unwanted files saved on the device can be moved easily. Here are the steps that they need to follow.
- Click the trashcan icon available at the right corner at the bottom.
- Click Erase browsing history.
- History can also be erased from the notification panel when the software is in use.
Turning on URL Autocomplete
URL Autocomplete is one of the best features of this browser and if it is not available, users need to switch it on. Here are the steps for the purpose.
- Go to settings by clicking a vertical ellipsis menu.
- Click Search.
- Click URL Autocomplete.
- Add sites for which autocomplete has to be done.
- People can also click the default sites available on the list.
Enabling Stealth Mode
Here are the steps, which people can take to enable stealth mode.
- Go to settings by clicking the vertical ellipsis menu.
- Go to Stealth and click on the switch to enable it.
- Now when the browser will be opened in overview mode, it will be blank.
These are some of the features of Firefox Focus, which people can use while using the browser. The desktop version of the browser is not yet available but people can install it with the help of emulators.