Most of the Video sharing platforms such as YouTube, Daily Motion, and alike, allows you to access your watch history using the “History” tab. If you are an active TikTok user who need to get a track of videos watched and wonder if there exists any such feature to browse TikTok History.
This blog article has an answer for you. So with no further ado, let’s get straight to the topic, and learn how to see TikTok History.
Can you get a track of TikTok history?
Unlike YouTube or other such platforms, TikTok does not have any direct feature like “Watch History” for its users to keep a track of previous videos watched. But luckily, TikTok users can perform the task by requesting a copy of their data file. This data file is like a repository of all your activities on the app and you can easily get to see your video browsing history as well.
And so, to get a track of your watch history on TikTok, you are required to submit request for your data file on the app.
How to see your watch history on TikTok?
In order to see watch history on TikTok, you have to request your data file on the TikTok app. After getting the file you need to download it, and then open the “Video Browsing History” file where you will find all the videos you have ever watched on TikTok.
Here are the detailed steps to get the job done:
Step 1: Navigate to “Privacy”
- First of all, launch TikTok app on your mobile device.
- Locate the “Me” iconprovided on the bottom navigation bar; tap it to head to your profile.
- On the top navigation bar of your profile, you will find three dots. Tap on itand getto the settings and privacy menu.
- Here you are provided with several options such as “Manage account”, “Privacy”, “Security and login”, and so on.
- Tap on “Privacy” to find your personalization and data.
Proceed to the next step to learn how to find your personalization and data.
Step 2: Go to “Download your data”
- Once you have tapped on “Privacy”, you will be routed on the privacy page.
- Here you will find three headings viz; “Discoverability”, “Personalization and data”, and “Safety”.
- Make a tap on the “Personalization and data” option underneath the “Personalization and data” heading.
- Again you will get to see three options namely “Personalized ads”, “Ads from third-party ad networks”, and “Download your data”.
- “Download your data” option willallow you to get a copy of your TikTok data. Tap on it to proceed further.
3. Request data file & download it after 24 hours
As a matter of fact this option will let you to download not only your profile (including username, profile photo, profile description, contact info) but also your activity (with watch history) and as well as app settings. To do so you need to perform following:
- Tap on “Download your data”, and it will get you on the “Request data” tab where you can submit request for your data file round the clock.
- Now tap on “Request data file” followed by the “Download data” tab. (At times in place of the “Download” button, you will find a “Pending” button which means your data request is still being processed. It will be available within 24 hours).
- Once your data file has arrived, the “Pending” button will be replaced with a “Download” button.
- To finish, tap on “Download” and get your data file.
It is to be noted that the file will only be available to download just for 4 days from date of arrival. Thus you must ensure to download it within the stipulated time.
Let’s head to the next step to learn about how to get data file downloaded.
Step 4: Log in to your TikTok account
Soon after you make a tap on the “Download” button, you will be routed to the login screen of TikTok. Here you are required to Log in to your existing TikTok account.This is to be doneusing an appropriate option (either with Facebook account or with Google account considering the one which you have used at the time of creating your TikTok account).
Subsequent to logging in, you may require to verify your account. For the purpose of verifying your account tap on the “Verify and Download” button. Once you are through with this mandatory step meant for downloading of your data, proceed to the final step to find your TikTok history.
5. Download your data & open the “Video Browsing History” file
As soon as your account gets verified, you will be asked to download your TikTok data via a pop-up message. For example, “Do you want to download “TikTok_Data_123456789.zip”?”
Now tap on “Download” to download your TikTok data.
Note: If you are an iPhone user, it is to be noted that the TikTok data will get downloaded in the “Files” app. Try to open the zip file once the downloading is complete. In case you are finding it hard to open the zip file, you can get it transferred via email/WhatsApp/Google Drive and open it on your desktop.
After opening the zip file, you will get several “.txt” files.
Locate “Video Browsing History” file by scrolling down and open it. Be patient enough as it may take a few seconds/minutes to load.
This file has in it all of the videoswhich you havewatchedon TikTok and it will also shows up the date, time, and link of every video you have ever watched on TikTok.
That’s all. You have now got the way to successfully explore your TikTok history!